A common buzzword in all industries today is analytics.
Analytics use math, statistics and machine learning to find meaningful patterns in data. Sifting through these large data sets allows organizations to discover, interpret and share new insights and knowledge to improve HIM Productivity and Integrity with Analytics.
Analytical tools are vital to the integrity of Health Information Management (HIM) to ensure complete, accurate coding and appropriate revenue capture. These tools are designed to allow comprehension of positive or problematic trends, predict future occurrences, support decisions to enhance efficiencies and improve processes that will result in optimum financial and operational performance.
Productivity and Integrity Metrics Used by Analytical Tools in Health Information Management
In Health Information Management, coding audits are conducted to ensure proper coding and compliance, as well as builds a program for continual improvement. Typical audits utilize small samples sizes that do not always give a complete picture of problematic patterns.
Multiple data sources, combined into a usable information stream, allow accurate comprehension of both positive and problematic patterns that can predict trends that alter the trajectory of an organization’s bottom line as related to coding. To give a more accurate view, JTS developed a powerful, predictive modeling analytics platform that is system and vendor agnostic and utilizes near real time data for assessment. In addition, JTS’ nCREAS™ platform targets specific types of coding to assess the extent to which revenue is lost to incomplete or inaccurate coding. nCREAS™ analyzes 100% of DRG claims in a defined period, rather than only a sampling. JTS then collaborates with you to create:
- A road map for reducing lost revenue caused by incomplete or inaccurate coding
- Resources (as needed) to retrospectively correct coding and rebill third party payors
- A means to concurrently find and correct coding and billing errors
- A program through which coders, CDI and clinical staff learn where to focus energy for improved documentation quality, improved patient care and enhanced revenue
HIM Analytics with Productivity and Integrity Metrics that Benefit from nCREAS™
- CC/MCC (Complication or Comorbidity/Major Complication or Comorbidity) | Easily comparing each metric to CMS benchmarks
- Targeted DRG (Diagnosis-Related Groups) | Auditing for both compliance and appropriate revenue capture
- Productivity | Comparing individual staff productivity by payor, facility and location
- Quality Scores | Coding compliance and CDI
Analytics are expanding and providing more insights every day. If your organization is not currently utilizing analytics for critical decision making, now is the time. Contact JTS for more information on how analytics can optimize your operational and financial performance.
Ready to find out more?
See how JTS can optimize HIM productivity and integrity with Analytics.