The Revenue Cycle Manager will provide operational leadership to support client services within the acute and physician sectors. The manager will execute on the RCM strategy and vision provided by senior management to achieve high quality client results.
Comprehensive RCM knowledge with experience in healthcare accounts receivables (AR) processes and procedures within the acute and critical access settings is required. Additionally, the candidate must possess a strong understanding of the pre-registration/authorization, account management/resolution, denials management, third-party payer communications, collections, contract analysis and cash posting. Further, the candidate will need possess knowledge within Medicare, Medicaid, other government payers, commercial payers, and organizational accounts. The position will be accountable to minimize bad debt, improve cash flow, and effectively manage accounts receivables using proprietary analytics and technologies provided by the firm.
- Manage and train RCM personnel according to internal and external standards
- Execute on the RCM strategy provided by senior management
- Collaborate with other teams and leaders in the organization
- Monitor progress on productivity and quality goals
- Develop strategic and tactical internal process improvement plans
- Ensure compliance through work process and enforcement
- Directly and indirectly manage team members including hiring, motivating, evaluating, disciplining, and terminating as necessary
- Manage and control multiple clients’ projects simultaneously
- Effectively use and enhance management tools and technologies provided
- Provide and execute formal communications to team members and clients as well as initiate resolutions
- Serve as a liaise with clients and vendors
- Other duties as assigned
At least 7+ years of experience in RCM accounts receivable management in an acute and critical access environments and/or vendor setting managing Extended Business Office projects with a minimum of 3+ years in a people management role and a minimum of 2+ years managing projects.
Competence in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and other reporting tools.
Experience working with Cerner, Epic, and/or other physician practice management systems is a plus.
HFMA Advanced Certified Patient Accounts Representative (ACPAR), preferred
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, although consideration for experience will be given if the candidate exceeds minimum requirements of other qualifications listed.
JTS Health Partners (JTS) is a healthcare professional services and analytics firm focused on Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), Health Information Management (HIM), Health Information Technology (HIT), Healthcare Analytics as a Service (AaaS) and Financial Technology (FinTech). JTS offers consulting, operational and analytical services that align with performance improvement initiatives of healthcare systems, hospitals and physician practices.
At JTS, we create the “WOW” factor for each other and our clients. We embrace a culture where employees are empowered to be innovative and grow personally and professionally.
JTS Heath Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.