Outpatient candidates need 3+ years experience with extensive outpatient coding, 3M experience, however will consider other encoder experience. Experience working with Cerner and Epic a plus.
All candidates must maintain certification through either AHIMA or AAPC. We maintain a unique business and employment solution that benefits both clients and our employees varied needs.
- Receive assigned medical charts to code
- Review medical charts electronically
- Abstract and code diagnosis and documentation information
- Research and resolve coding projects
- Perform ongoing analysis of medical record charts for the appropriate coding compliance
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of medical coding experience
- Coding certification to include the following: CPC, CCS, RHIA and RHIT (no CPC-A, RHIT A, etc.)
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- High speed internet and secure home office space
- On-line coding proficiency test will be required
- 20 hours (Part-time) or 40 hours (Full-time) availability weekly
- Facility-based coding experience
- Managed care experience
- Encoder coding experience
- Experience with Cerner, EPIC, Meditech, AllScripts, McKesson, etc
- Coding experience in Inpatient
- Injections and Infusions experience
JTS Health Partners (JTS) is a healthcare professional services and analytics firm focused on Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), Health Information Management (HIM), Health Information Technology (HIT), Healthcare Analytics as a Service (AaaS) and Financial Technology (FinTech). JTS offers consulting, operational and analytical services that align with performance improvement initiatives of healthcare systems, hospitals and physician practices.
At JTS, we create the “WOW” factor for each other and our clients. We embrace a culture where employees are empowered to be innovative and grow personally and professionally.
JTS Health Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.