The Staff Accountant role requires an individual with attention to detail, a positive attitude, excellent time management and experience in the duties mentioned in this job description. Must be a fit and adhere to our company’s culture, be a team player and have to ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Confirm the accuracy of accounting database information
- Use accounting databases, spreadsheets, and software
- Post financial transactions using appropriate computer software
- Receive and record checks for remote deposit
- Enter debits and credits into software applications and databases accurately
- Check for accuracy in reports, figures, and postings
- Reconciling and reporting any discrepancies found in the records
- Produce client invoices on a monthly basis
- Month end close
- Cash flow projections
- Work in QuickBooks and/or Xero to maintain books and records including posting journal entries, reconciling accounts, updating activity, maintaining the general ledger
- Manage A/P and A/R processes, EFT reconciliation and cash/wire tracking
- Prepare and File Tax Reports
- Compile reports, organize bank statements, highlight and research reasons for any discrepancies
- Provide accurate and timely work while managing multiple deadlines
- Enter data into spreadsheets and accounting software
- Reconcile sales activity and process customer PO’s
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 7 years of previous accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Associates or bachelor’s degree, a plus.
JTS Health Partners (JTS) is a healthcare management consulting firm focused on enterprise Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), Health Information Management (HIM), Health Information Technology (HIT) and Analytics as a Service (AaaS). JTS offers consulting and operational services that align with performance improvement initiatives of healthcare systems, hospitals and physician practices.
JTS Health Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.