Offering consultative Health Information Technology system planning, implementation, development and support + enterprise-wide programs and solutions
- Is your HIT implementation team fully staffed?
- Are you utilizing the full capabilities of your systems?
- Do you need Epic or Oracle Health engineering assistance?
JTS’ Health Information Technology (HIT) helps hospitals and healthcare systems with technical expertise for project management, operational support and optimization for all phases of an implementation, as well as privacy, security and cyber programs. JTS also offers consultation and operational services to ensure clients are utilizing their existing technology platforms to the maximum efficiency or providing recommendations for process improvement.
Our experience in the healthcare industry allows us to provide expert evaluations and recommendations to clients that will help to reduce spending, mitigate risks and improve the overall operational efficiency of their HIT-related workflows.
Our suite of Health Information Technology services include:
- Business Intelligence Reporting + Analytics
- Implementation | Advisory + Technical
- Interface Design and Development
- Project Management
- System Selection & Planning
- Technical Engineering Support
- Operational Support
- Error Resolution Implementation
Health Information Technology Implementation
Challenges with system implementations or conversions occur frequently. JTS' HIT professionals provide subject matter and technical expertise to support the implementation, transition or sunset of critical healthcare systems. We provide guidance and support in all phases of planning and implementation such as:
- Staffing subject matter and technical expertise for pre- and post-implementation specializing in Epic, Oracle Health as well as other EHRs
- Leveraging JTS' analytics to optimize current or future performance
- Technical optimizations
- Legacy data accessibility
- Staff and physician education and training
- Legacy accounts finalization during and after new system implementation for financial and operational optimization
Key Industry Challenges
- Staffing and operational pressures
- Technical and application expertise
- Leveraging real time patient accounting data into actionable results
- Denial ratios continue to increase
- Inflationary pressures continue to drive higher expenses
Service + Analytics
JTS’ HIM, Revenue Cycle and Health Information Technology practices serve clients across all major inpatient and ambulatory, financial and clinical healthcare HIT vendors.
Oracle Health and Epic are two of the largest providers of EHRs in the United States. JTS has expertise in Oracle Health CommunityWorks and Soarian Financials, as well as Epic and Community Connect. We have the knowledge and expertise to guide your organization for optimal financial, operational and technical success.
Clients chose Oracle Health and Epic platforms to support clinical, economic and technological objectives specific to their healthcare organization. While each organization’s business model may differ, these multi-tenant, single instance models deploy global rule sets and configurations that require alignment and optimization of people, process and technology at each site. JTS’ engineers and developers work within your EHR to ensure optimization and utilization needed within the organization.
Epic Technical Expertise
|Bridges, Cloverleaf, HL7/Beaker. Experience in immunization interfaces, web services integration, PACS, OnBase, etc.|
|Epic clinical modules installation, administration and support|
|System installation and upgrade; monitoring and maintenance|
Print & device management
Operational support for end user experience, data center operations, networking
|SlicerDicer, Caboodle (Cogito), Clarity, Crystal Reports, etc.|
|Charge Router, Resolute HB/PB|
Oracle Health Expertise
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) adoption readiness and implementation
- Change Culture assessment, design, development and implementation
- ADOPT HIT
To experience the full value of the Oracle Health and Epic platforms, the alignment and optimization of the HIT’s feature/function with organizational workflow, departmental work instructions, workforce HIT adoption and utilization of outcomes measures ensure healthier results for:
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM)
- Health Information Management (HIM)
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Analytics as a Service (AaaS)
JTS uses project, governance and adoption methodologies to provide enhanced outcomes. Our project managers are chosen selectively to meet the required expertise of the client environment. Our consultants are subject matter experts, having industry experience and skills necessary to manage HIT projects from planning to completion. Managing the plan, organization, budget and accountability to achieve technology goals are keys to a successful technology adoption.
Health Information Technology Consulting
Upon an organization’s decision to move forward with replacing their current Health Information System (HIS), JTS can provide consulting and/or operational support for the full implementation (inclusive of JTS’ Physician Advisory Team). Optimizing workflow and standard work ensures the long-term success of both clinical and financial systems throughout enterprise implementations.
Hospitals and health systems make significant investments to improve electronic health record systems or other critical applications. During the pre-implementation phase, it is essential to build both advisory and operational support for implementations to achieve a successful outcome. JTS is uniquely qualified to assist with the review of current capabilities, selection of replacement systems and issues that may arise during enterprise implementations.
Pre-planning + Operational Analysis
Preparation is vital prior to adding new processes, standard work, software and hardware. JTS professionals conduct current state assessments including:
JTS’ consultants assess the performance of a client’s current HIT investment and measure an established set of performance parameters to recommend operational improvements. To assist in establishing and realizing technology goals, our consultants develop strategic and operational plans that define specified action plans according to each client’s goal.
HIT Adoption Strategies
Hospitals and health systems are complex entities with many competing initiatives and stakeholders. It is necessary to govern how technology will be used in the best interest of all concerned. The patient, the caregivers, the clinical support teams and the back-office operations all need a seat at the table.
JTS helps establish effective and precise governance, assuring that all stakeholder’s concerns are heard, understood and given due consideration as solutions are being developed and implemented. True governance must include a collaborative blending of need recognition and envisioning the future state by all stakeholders.
Leadership’s commitment to the guiding principles of technology implementation and optimization are essential to technology adoption.
How HIT Adoption Model Works
The Health Information Technology (HIT) Adoption Model works because at its core is the premise that technology implementations, while most frequently managed or owned by HIT, are actually organizational initiatives not specifically HIT department projects. As such, deployment of the HIT Adoption Model is collaborative, inclusive of all key stakeholders, and transparent to the organization. And, because the IT Adoption Model is flexible in its modules and scale, it can accommodate the specific needs and circumstances of a healthcare organization.
HIT Adoption Model begins with three (3) initial milestones:
- Formation of the HIT Adoption Model governance team comprised of select stakeholders impacted by and/or participating in the implementation
- The governance team “brands” the implementation or HIT initiative to create a recognizable, more tangible identity across the enterprise
- Leadership (CEO and Board Chair) jointly announce the implementation, its branding and governance team, essentially providing executive support and strategic positioning of the implementation
Highlights of the remaining HIT Adoption Model milestones include:
- Critical Path
- Accountable Executives
- Workflow Wireframe
- HIT Adoption Framework
- Post Live Survey Measures
Maintaining the privacy and security of patients’ protected health information (PHI) is not only an ethical obligation of a healthcare organization, but also a regulatory mandate by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). With the increasing use of electronic medical records (EHR) and the digital transmission of information, the requirements to protect information, and the risk of a breach, have become more intensive.
JTS uses a phased approach to CyberSecurity:
Benchmark Current State
- Conduct full risk assessment to ensure People, Process & Technology are represented
Embark on a Knowledge Journey
- Develop security program
- Develop or enhance policies and procedures
- Plan annual security (prioritization and schedule)
(Detect, Respond & Recover)
- Ensure business continuity
- Conduct incident response scenarios
- Conduct disaster recovery rehearsal
- Develop training and operational support procedures
JTS partners with trusted advisors with deep expertise in all areas of Health Information Technology, especially cybersecurity. We offer a team that can guide the requirements of healthcare organizations with precise detail. JTS offers a comprehensive risk assessment process and procedure to deep dive into each potential touchpoint and its associated risk for potential breach.
To accomplish the goal of assuring people, process and technology are reducing the risk to the organization, JTS’ risk assessment offering includes:
- Physical walkthrough of the facility or facilities
- HIPAA gap analysis (including comprehensive application review)
- High touch, low anxiety, personnel interviews
- Teach-As-We-Go methodology
- Assessment documentation that demonstrates a prioritized roadmap for the following year
This easily understood, prioritized process identifies risk levels in an annual security plan that is both HIPAA/HITECH compliant and easily communicated by leaders to the organization.
Teach-As-We-Go methodology allows for mentoring and enabling management and staff to be an active part of the Privacy and Security initiative, prioritizing executive level risk mitigation awareness.
Our team includes a managed security service provider (MSSP) with over three decades of enterprise security experience and offers monitoring and management of security devices and systems.
For more information on determining risk and mitigation planning for cybersecurity, contact JTS Health Partners.
“JTS Health Partners is a highly professional organization with honesty and integrity. Their change management and information technology leadership, and expertise within our Cerner, POE and Physician Adoptions projects were excellent. They truly operate as a ‘Trusted Advisor’ to our organization.”
Ms. Pam Austin
Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Health Information Technology (HIT) News & Articles
Get the latest news and information about Health Information Technology (HIT) and related topics from JTS Health Partners.